Advisory Council 2017
AJAYBIR SINGH BAKSHI
Director - HR
Vodafone India Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master's degree in Business Administration.
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) from International Coaching Federation, USA
- Certified Assessor in design and deployment of Assessment and Development Centres
- Certified administrator in Psychometric Instruments such as OPQ 32, DISC profile, Thomas Profile, Hogan Assessments,MBTI
- Certified in Train the Trainer From Old Mutual Business School
- Key note speaker at AIMA(All India Management Institute)
- Speaker in Forums like Business World and Business Today
- Co-Conveynor of CII,Pune chapter
- Active speaker on Strategic HR topics in CII, NHRD
- Active speaker in Dun & Bradstreet, India Staffing Federation
- Coach for Senior leadership and Guest speaker at Tata Management Training Centre (TMTC)
- Key speaker at various forums held by World HRD Congress.
- Transformational HR Leadership Award from the Economic Times in March 2016.
- 100 Most Influential CHRO by World HRD Congress – Jan 2016
- Careerista - Dun and Bradstreet award for excellence in Human Resources in 2015 - being featured in June 2015 edition of Business World.
- HR leadership Award by Business World in July 2015 – featured in Businessworld and ET now
- HR Tech Leader Awards by World HRD Congress in September 2015
- 50 Most Influential HR Professional In Asia Award in September 2015
- Best HR Strategy in line with Business – World HRD Congress in 2015.
- RASBIC Award for Innovation in Recruitment – World HRD Congress in 2015
- Indira Super Achiever in Human ResourceIndira Institute of Management, Pune.
- Top 25 Dream companies to work for Award –Times of India Ascent and World HRD
- Current Employment : Vodafone Shared Services, India
- Job title : Director - Human Resources
- Design and deployment of HR strategy across Vodafone Shared Services, India.
- Handling a diverse portfolio of Talent Acquisition, Leadership Hiring, Talent Development, Talent Engagement, Talent retention, Rewards & Recognition and HR Operations, Diversity & Inclusion and CSR.
- Responsible for design and deployment of people policies across VSSI for 10,000+ people across four locations (Pune/ Ahmedabad / Bangalore / Chennai).
- On the Board as Director for Vodafone Group Holding Companies in India.
- Have over 21 years' experience as an HR professional in both Generalist and specialist roles in leading Multinational Organizations and Indian organizations such as Prudential, Gillette, Castrol and Sterlite (Vedanta) Group
- Have been a Director HR and Corporate facilities for Prudential Plc Shared Services Center in India and subsequently the Head of talent for UK and Europe based out of London.
- Have been a Group Head of Learning and Development and subsequently Head of HR for Sterlite Group of companies and have done roles as Head of Talent, OD.
- Key experience has been in managing HR integrations (mergers and acquisitions), Leadership Hiring, Talent management, Succession Planning, Rewards and Organization design, HR systems and HR process design.
I. Leadership Development :
- Conceptualized a developed a customized leadership development programme for Senior Managers in collaboration with IIM- Ahmedabad and Middle level Managers in collaboration with IIT –Mumbai for Sterlite Industries Ltd.
- Conceptualized, designed and initiated a Two-Tier Leadership Programme for the Top 30 Managers for Vodafone Shared Services in collaboration with IIM – Ahmedabad and IIM- Bangalore.
- Designed and deployed a Coaching and Mentoring Programme for Prudential Plc to identify and develop internal coaches for Senior Leaders.
- Successfully led the successful transition as a personal coach for the Finance Controller of Prudential Process Management Services to an Executive Director - Finance.
- Introduced Executive Coaching / Transition Coaching for Senior Leaders at Prudential Process Management Services Pvt. Ltd and Vodafone Shared Services, India.
- Assessor for Management / Leadership Centres for Prudential Plc in UK, Hong Kong, Malaysia, India.
- Conceptualized, designed and deployed Assessment Centres in Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
- Led a Development Centre with YSC for identification & development of high Potential Leaders in the capacity of an internal assessor / coach.
- Successfully led the merger & integration including Organisation Structure alignment, Rewards & Policy Integration, People & Culture integration of Sterlite Technologies & Sterlite Power (Transmission Business Division).
- Successfully led the HR integration for Cable & Wireless and Vodafone Shared Services India.
- Successfully introduced hiring strategic linked to succession planning in Prudential Management Services using Hogan Assessment and Business Case Presentation.
- Successfully introduced Competency based hiring and Hogan Assessments for Leadership hiring including Assessment Centres.
- Hired over 500 + Senior Managers (Including CXO's of Business) and over 20,000 plus employees in my career.
- Successfully hired and on boarded over 50% of the existing Leadership Team in Vodafone.
- Successfully designed and implemented the Employee Stock Option Scheme for Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
- Introduced the Balance Score Card for Performance Management in Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
II. Coaching and Mentoring :
III. Assessment & Development Centres :
IV. Mergers & Acquisitions :
V. Leadership Hiring :
VI. Strategic Rewards & Performance Management :